Tuesday, September 18, 2007

NWSF Bullet: Give Us Gangsta Rap!!!

Funny thing happened today. Last week, I sent my press release for Hip Hop Strikes Back's controversial new track "Drums of War" that puts Bill O'Reilly and the rest of the Hip Hop Haters on blast to my friendly local paper, the Durham Herald Sun.

Seems like it was given the go ahead until I called today to see why "Drums of War" had not graced the front page (or at least honorable mention at the bottom of the gardening section.)

I was now told that the song ,for some reason, did not fit the format for even the Arts and Entertainment blog.

No problemo...

I admit that "Drums" is a little hardcore, even though it contains none of those dirty four letter words...(OK, we were tempted to call Sean Hannity a no good "bleep...bleep....bleep" But we didn't!!!)

And I can see it not really fitting in under a story about "Big Bubba and his Amazing Banjo."

Plus when a newspaper decides to label you persona non grata, you can put on a clown suit and set yourself on fire while singing Yankee Doodle Dandy and the reporters will do a front page story on the fireman's boots that put your fire out....

But out of curiosity I went to the entertainment blog and what were they promoting on the 8/29 entry?

A local group's myspace page featuring a song about N***** rollin' dice on ho's!!!

(Really, I'm not making this up)

Don't believe me? Go to the Herald Sun's website (http://www.heraldsun.com/) and under "Entertainment" click on the A&E blog and scroll down to 8/29....

I had always said that if given a choice the media would choose the smooth gangsta stylings of a Snoop Doggy Dog instead of the political and well thought out rap of a Public Enemy...

Now we know and like they used to say on the old GI Joe cartoon...

"and knowing is half the battle...."