Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Blackin' Out the Obama Attack Ads

Looks like the NC Carolina GOP has revealed its latest masterpiece...

An attack ad attacking Rev. Jeremiah Wright for...

No, that's not it...

An attack ad attacking Obama for...

No, it's actually an attack ad attacking gubernatorial candidates Bev Purdue and Richard Moore for not attacking....

Rats!

Anyway, the Gangsta Ole Party has this clip on youtube beggin' folks to give money to keep a 40 second commercial that says that Obama is "too extreme" for North Carolina on the air ...

(I'm not sure if I'm more upset over the attack on Obama or that they just called me and the rest of my Tarheel homies a bunch of punks...)

But it looks like the GOP is up to their old scare tactics again. The ad, which features the new black boogey man, Rev. Jeremiah Wright delivering one of his firey speeches is supposed to start airing April 28th.

Now, I know that the GOP has deep pockets and could probably have the ads in heavier rotation than those darn Chad Alltell commercials that come on every 5 minutes...

So, what's an average dude who's tired of the dirt to do...

I have a novel idea. I'm gonna start a one man "Black Out" Protest and turn off my TV for 40 seconds every time the "extreme" ad comes on...

Surely, I can think of better ways to use my 40 seconds. (Like maybe pondering real issues facing our children?)

Now, I'm not saying that this little act of defiance will clean up dirty politics forever, nor does it compare with the March on Washington...

But it's just my way of sayin'

"I'm mad as heck and I'm not goin' to take it anymore!